Sherlock Season 3 is premiering on January 1, 2014.
Haven’t seen the first two? Here’s 10 reasons why you should go watch them. Right now.
1. It’s clever. Oh-so-clever. In a good way.
2. Only 3 episodes to a season, so 6 episodes to watch. Perfect for a weekend marathon.
3. And trust me it will be a marathon. You won’t be able to stop.
4. It’s 90 minutes each, so movie length. (A short movie, I admit. Though still better than a one-hour episode that leaves you pining for more.)
5. 4 wasn’t really a reason was it? How do I make 4 a reason? Ah. Right. So if you have 90 minutes to spare, Sherlock is the perfect choice. You don’t have enough time to watch a movie, and a 60-minute TV series episode doesn’t quite fill it. You could always watch an episode of GoT followed by Family Guy. But that’s just too much trouble to go through.
6. The dialogue is superb. Just superb.
7. London. (If you don’t like London, you probably won’t like it. If you haven’t heard of London, don’t bother.)
8. Awards galore (if you’re that kind of person): http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1475582/awards?ref_=tt_awd
4. (Since 4 above wasn’t really a reason, and I used 5 to justify 4.) The suspense. If you don’t like thrillers, this might just about cut it. I’m not a big fan of thrillers, and I must admit if the storyline gets a teeniest bit more suspenseful, I’d be too scared to watch. Serious.
9. The chemistry. Oh the chemistry. Sherlock and Doctor Watson’s screen chemistry is to die for.
10. Benedict Cumberbatch. #nuffsaid
Here. Have a peek.
Leave a Reply